Sunday, January 2, 2011

JUNKING 1-1-11 STARTED OFF MY NEW YEAR IN MY ELEMENT!

We started off our first day of the new year frolicking
around visiting shops..first stop..Carmine,Tx.
There is this wonderful place called  

You have to stop and see this shop!
They have the Coolest junk and junk art and fine art you'll ever see.

This was actually on New Years Eve day..we 
ended our New Year doing what we love..junking
and 
EATING
We had lunch at J.W.'s Steak House
in Carmine,Tx.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT!

Next town-Giddings.. 
We stopped by this great antique
shop called 'The Whistle Stop'..
  I Love their new location! It's 10 times
better than the old one. 
My favorite Antique Mall now.
They sell the neatest cold drinks like 
Black Cherry soda
and Orange Cream soda..and they have 
FREE POPCORN,
and they are Super Friendly.

Day Two
We had no idea where to go but we had so much fun on New Year's Eve, we had to go again on Saturday.

We headed out for one of our favorite Towns..
FAYETTEVILLE, TX.

We stumbled upon this shop  

JACK POT!
I REALLY should keep this a secret, 
but NO..I have
to go blabbing all my excitment to everyone and their dog, because I love their dogs too.

The owner of this little antique/junk shop is delightful!
She let me snap a few pics:



Good Junk, Good Antiques, The pictures tell it all. 
I was in Junk Hog Heaven!  
I can't wait to take my junk art friends
to this shop! I bought a neat old double
washtub on a stand and it has a metal top..perfect for a Kitchen Island or
to make a sink in my art room, laundry room..whatever.
In my Dream Barndominium..
It Could Happen sooner than you know..

And I found the long long long table 
I have been searching for..
I spotted the legs, then saw
the length..it's over 11 feet. This will
some day serve my family for those Christmas
dinners I can't wait to decorate up for them.

And Last stop..Orsak's Restaurant in Downtown
Fayetteville... OH MY..they make homemade
Onion Rings!

what's left of the Onion Rings... YUM!

 OH I have to mention this other place we can't wait
to go back when they are open...

but I did find a website to check it out

It's on Hwy. 71 between Ellinger,Tx. and Columbus, Tx.
What an exciting adventure...

No comments: