Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH CLAY


I bought gourds, and I found artificial
pears at a garage sale.

 Used air dry clay and had a 
blast creating chicken combs,beaks
waddles..


 It amazed me how easily I remembered
how to sculpt.
 Check out Chick-a-Rita in the
margarita glass!!
 Domineckers
                                                   





I USED BULLS EYE PRIMER TO PRIME THE
ALUMINUM COFFEE POT BEFORE I PAINTED THE ROO                                           

 THIS COFFEE POT ROO COULD BE 
A COOKIE JAR!


 I USED SCREENWIRE TO MAKE THE TAIL FEATHERS.
 THESE WERE A BLAST TO MAKE






GOING TO BUY MORE CLAY NOW
so I can make Turkeys


6 comments:

Beth said...

I love them. So cute. These would make anyone smile.

Ayala Art said...

Wonderful, whimsical and lovely! Thanks for sharing the WIPs

Susan Wymola said...

Thank You Beth and Martha

Sue Langley said...

Hi Susan,
What a clever, fun idea this is! I hope you don't mind but I shared a photo or two and the link to this post on our 'Flea Market Gardening' FB page. Someone there had some gourds and she owns chickens. I did a quick Google search and your post turned up! You have a very nice blog!
Sue
FMG on FB

Panhandle Pig said...

You have fun stuff! Love it!

Susan Wymola said...

Hi Sue! Of course it's ok for you to share pics from
my blog and thank you so much for the comment!