CUSTOM CHICKEN ART & COOP SIGNS

CUSTOM CHICKEN ART & COOP SIGNS

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Make CHICKEN GOURDS with CLAY and other OBJECTS


Here is a picture tutorial of How To
Make chickens with Gourds, air dry clay,
and also using objects and shapes.
I made these a while back but I have been wanting to play with clay again and I have some HUGE Gourds that I want to make 
some Big Ol chickens.





I found some small pear shaped gourds
and artificial pears, perfect shape
for a chicken.


I base coated the gourds and pears with flat latex paint. I used Hearty Air dry clay
to add the beaks, combs, tail feathers wing feathers, etc. The clay sticks on really good without gluing.  Once the clay attached, you can add indentions and details. 


Buy Hearty Air Dry Clay here
There are other brands that work also. Creative paper Clay is one I like also. LaDoll is another good brand.





You can roll the clay out and use tools to cut out shapes, then use your fingers and shape it like you want. Just like you did when you were a kid. Have Fun, let the kids help.




I twisted some wire and made legs for these chickens.







A Great Easter Project. Make chickens, eggs, nests, bunnies, etc.


I covered the tiny basket with clay, let it dry, then painted it.



The baby chicks are just sculpted clay.








I hope You have fun playing with air dry clay!

Susan [cackleblossums ]Wymola


No comments: