CUSTOM CHICKEN ART & COOP SIGNS

CUSTOM CHICKEN ART & COOP SIGNS

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Make Your Own Art Calendars & Photo Journals, DIY!





I created my own Art Calendar and 
Calendar Art Journal with my 
Art Prints. You can too.

I found spiral notebooks, journals, calendar journals, etc. At different $Stores...

I made calendar pages from templates online, (donna young templates) and printed them out on cardstock. Cardstock is strong and you can write and doodle on the pages.

I used a craft paper glue stick (elmers with the disappearing purple color) to adhere the art pages and the blank calendar pages to the notebook pages. I left several pages of the
notebook pages between the Months for writing in daily stuff.

This is how all the pages look:



I used colored cardstock behind some of the images to make the page stronger and to add more color.

You could make a nice Calendar book without so many pages of art or prints. Make it to Your own likes.  

I printed out different sizes of my art for little stick ons on the pages.







Below is my Calendar Journal. It was quick and easy! I found the blank jourals with the calendar pages inside, all I have to do is write in the Day and Year.  




My Mother kept a daily journal in spiral notebooks. I have several of her notebooks. They were not fancy. She wrote something every day, like: 

'Rained 2 inches', 'Bobby Lynn's birthday today, I baked a cake', 'Bubba got a haircut today and was embarrassed so he hid in the back bedroom'...then sadder notes like 'Susan took us to the Hospital today for my treatment'.

Sad memories but I feel closer to my Mom when I read the notes she wrote way back then.  

In Our middle age years, we forget stuff so easy because we have so much to think about, so having a book to jot down important things we want to remember, is good.




I used word doc on my computer to print out the names of the Month and all the words I wanted to add to my calendar.  I used the glue stick to adhere them to the Calendar Journal.

I sell my art prints if you would like to purchase any of my art to use for Calendars or to print to mount on wood like the picture below.www.susanwymolaart.etsy.com 
Original Art Available too.



To mount a print you purchase on Wood like below:  Choose the wood, basecoat the wood with your choice color.  When dry, use Golden Gel medium which is used for Collages. 
The gel comes in matte or 
semi-gloss.  It acts as the glue and the sealer, and is very professional looking. 

The collage gel used for collages will not wash out of a brush if you leave it to dry, so that tells me it's tough and will protect your art! Make sure you clean the brushes!




How the collage process works:

http://www.goldenpaints.com/mixmoremedia/medlayer.php


More about gel mediums:

http://quinncreative.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/gel-mediumcoating-the-world/

You could make a Family Photo journal instead of Art, which I am working on next...


Hope you all have a Great Start to the New Year 2014!

No comments: